It is a difficult proposition to immigrate to a different country and find a job that’s relevant to your qualifications. This is especially the case when you didn’t complete a degree in that relevant country as most employers do recruit from the university’s campus events. Outsiders find it difficult to get in.
If there is a particular company that are you looking to work for but are not able to get in touch with them, do the following to give yourself a better chance.
- Go to their online career website and look at the entry level positions available. Apply for them online.
- Look for the corresponding posting on the LinkedIn website. Contact the recruiter for the position with your resume and cover letter.
- Do LinkedIn searches for “Company Name “+ Recruiter, and contact the recruiter that are hiring for your group.
- Also note that most positions are not posted online and are part of a hidden network. Read below to make most use of your contacts.
- You can also improve your long term employability by networking on a regular basis using the information below:
Different Ways to Network
Author, Career 3.0
Don’t miss an update. Subscribe to our blog here.